Lahore: Construction work on five mega-development projects worth over Rs 20.5 billion is likely to commence in the provincial capital by the end of next month, such as training related to contractor qualifications, the bidding process, contracting, and transfer of ownership. Funds, etc., are under development.
The five projects that are going to be launched soon are:
- Construction of a flyover at Sheranwala Gate
- Construction of an underpass at Ghulab Devi Hospital
- Construction of additional lanes on the Lahore Bridge (Ferozepur Road)
- Construction of a flyover at Shahkam Chowk
- Construction of five underpasses on The Mall – and resolving traffic congestion at Barkat Market (Garden Town) Y-junction
The projects were reportedly approved for launch, and the LDA (Lahore Development Authority) was mandated to develop these projects promptly. These plans were implemented in light of studies on the size of passing vehicles, traffic restrictions, general necessity, environmental impact, pollution, etc.
For further updates, visit https://www.sirmaya.com/blog/news/.